Below are rough water usage estimates so that businesses might build an understanding as it pertain to water usage. The Hydro Route Water Confinement system can help you save on your monthly water bill in any industry.
FACILITY/ASSSET CLASS Amount of Water Used
Apartment Buildings: 150-200 gallons/unit
Barber Shops: 55 gallons/day/per chair
Beauty Salons: 270 gallons per day/per chair
Bowling Alleys: 75 gallons of water per lane
Country Club: 100 gallons a day/per resident
Factories with shower: 35 gallons per shift
Factories without shower: 25 gallons per shift
Laundromats – Coin Operated: 2.17 gpd/sq. ft.
Laundry Operations – Commercial: .253 gpd/sq. ft.
Farms (per one animal):
Cow (dairy): 15 gallons a day
Farms Hog: 4 gallons per day
Farms Horse: 12 gallons per day
Farms Steer: 12 gallons per day
Farms Chicken: (100) 10 gallons daily
Farms Turkey: (100) 18 gallons per day
Hospitals: 250 gallons/bed
Nursing Homes & Assisted Living Facilities: 100 gallon/bed per day
Hotels: .256 gpd/sq ft
Motels: 100 gallons per unit
Movie Theatres: 2 gallons per seat
Office Building: 20 gallons per employee
Retail stores: .160gpd/sq. ft.
Trailer Parks/Mobile Homes: 100 gallons per space
Boilers: to determine daily make up in gallons
- Multiply boiler horse power by 4.25
- Then multiply (1) by hours per day operation
- Then multiply by the % operating rating
- Then subtract the % of condensate return
Cooling Towers : to determine daily make up in gallons
- Multiply the tonnage by 4. (This includes 2 gal.(7.6 liter)/hour/ton evaporation and 2 gal (7.6 liter)/hour/ton bleed off}.
- Then multiply (1) by the hours per day operation.
References and Other Resources: